Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Helloooo! Today, we have an exciting entry because a new set of Pokemon games was announced.

Maybe I'm a bit of a dork to love Pokemon as much as I do after many years of playing them, but I'm still super pumped.

The two that were announced are Pokemon Sun and Moon and they are set to release late this year.
Nintendo was kind to all of us Pokemon fans for this epic moment and provided us with a trailer on YouTube that you can watch below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag

It doesn't give us much of a preview of Sun and Moon, but it does take us back to the beginning showing players how this gaming series has developed and grown over the years, starting back on the original Gameboy to the 3DS.

This is the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon series/the release of Pokemon Red and Blue (Blue was my favorite, by the way), and a great way to celebrate such a big anniversary.

As Nintendo likes to do, we have not been given much on the new set of games. We know there will be a new bird Pokemon, as well as Magearna (who is adorable, if you ask me), who was announced in a magazine talking about the Pokemon movie set to release this year.


One of the few secrets the video did reveal, however, was the possibility of vehicles. We don't actually know if these will be means of transportation players can use or not, but the art work is pretty awesome and I'm looking forward to knowing why they put so much effort into these. (Please let me drive an ambulance filled with my team of Pokemon, Nintendo!!!)

Finally, by utilizing the Pokemon Bank app on our 3DS's, we can officially transfer Pokemon over from our DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ONLY Red, Blue and Yellow games. I think at this point, I've given up ever being able to get my team from my original Blue and Yellow games to new games. But, at least Platinum allowed me to get all sorts of early gen Pokemon (including legendaries), so I can't complain too much.

If you're a Pokemon fan yourself, which is your favorite game in the series? I have to say I enjoyed Platinum the most, simply because you could, essentially, catch them all. I enjoyed the wide variety of generations you could get and I loved the fact that I could get basically every legendary Pokemon ever. Whoo!

Who's excited for Sun and Moon!?

No comments:

Post a Comment